Terms & Conditions
of booking with WhaleSwim Adventures Ltd
Every company has its terms & conditions!
Here are ours for you to read before booking your Aitutaki Tour!
We can't wait for you to join us!
1. Online 'Book your Tour' reservations will be held for 14 days. The non-refundable deposit of
AUD$2,000.00 is required within 14 days to confirm a reservation.
2. All payments are in Australian Dollars only, a further payment of 30% of your total tour cost is
due on dates up-to-and-including 1 May (see your summary page in your online booking for your
payment date) and payment in full is to be paid 70 days prior to your WhaleSwim Adventure tour
date. For payments from bank-to-bank by wire transfer, please add AUD$20 for banks fees.
All payments are non-refundable unless the space/s cancelled are filled before the tour date. An
administration fee of $100 will be deducted from the refund. (Not applicable for private tours)
(Deposits paid to us are paid to our suppliers to hold your accommodation and space on our boat)
3. Re-scheduling and substitution of guests is permitted with approval of WhaleSwim Adventures.
4. A Liability Waiver must be signed by each guest and should be signed at the time of booking &
uploaded onto your Aqua Abilities page in your online booking within 14 days of booking your
WhaleSwim Adventure tour.
5. Travel insurance is mandatory for all our WhaleSwim Adventures guests and should be taken
out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against illness, injury etc that
may force you to cancel prior to your tour, personal accident, death, medical expenses and
emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the
categories of cover. It must also cover trip and flight cancellation. We also strongly recommend it
also covers curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You will not be
able to join the tour without it.
6. All rates and conditions are subject to change.
7. If payments are not received at the designated times, WhaleSwim Adventures, reserves the right to
sell those spaces in question with forfeiture of all monies to date.
8. The booking is binding and all payments are non-refundable.
9. Prices may change due to 1. currency fluctuations 2. schedule or content changes 3. suppliers
increasing rates after the tour has been advertised on WhaleSwim Adventures Ltd's website and
circumstances beyond the control of WhaleSwim Adventures, even after payment is made in full,
clients will have to pay the additional cost.
10. These are ecological holidays. WhaleSwim Adventures reserves the right to ask any participants
to leave the group should they behave in a way that is insensitive to the whales, the environment,
local people, our staff, crew or other group members or continually not follow the WhaleSwim Guides
directions in the water with the whales. WhaleSwim Adventures staff and management also reserve
the right to move those guests to other accommodation at the guests expense. No refund will be
11. If the WhaleSwim Adventures Tour Leader and/or the licensed whale-watching guide is not satisfied
with your fitness, agility and snorkelling ability, they have the right to refuse you entry to the water
with the whales as your lack of ability may endanger yours and the lives of others.
12. Please read Aquatic Abilities (Experience Required section) scroll down the page to light blue hilighted
links (after Boat Crew info and photos.)
13. Drones are ONLY permitted o be used by an experienced flyer and with special permission from the
14. Smoking is NOT permitted on our whale-swim vessels.
15. Physically touching the whales, is strictly prohibited on WhaleSwim tours
16. Children/teenagers under 18 years old are not accepted on our tours, unless the 10 spaces on a tour
are booked for a personal group.
17. In the event of cancellation of a whale-watching day due to bad weather, we endeavour to go out for
a full whaleswim day to make up the time – if this is not possible, no refunds will be given by
18. If the minimum bookings of 8 people on our 10-person tours is not reached 60 days prior to
departure of each expedition, then WhaleSwim Adventures has the right to cancel the expedition and
transfer guests to another expedition. Any airfares booked/changed and paid for by the guest should
be covered by their travel insurance.
19. WhaleSwim Adventures tours cannot be booked via a Travel agent, they can only be booked directly
with WhaleSwim Adventures. The travel agent may charge a commission at their own discretion.